The village and its surroundings
The village of Soulaire et Bourg is located in the Departement Maine et Loire (region of the Loire Valley), 13 kms north to Angers. This atypical village on top of its hill above the low valleys of the Anjou region is very close to the rivers Sarthe and Mayenne. The guest house is located in the middle of the village of Soulaire in a traditional stone house with terrace and an impressive large garden full of flowers and vegetables, a few hens are even providing fresh eggs.
You can easily discover the main touristic attractions around the village:
- The city of Angers, its museums and its medieval castle full of history,
- The botanic park Terra Botanica, an educational place to discover the nature.
- The Renaissance castle Plessis Bourré and its unique staves.
- The low valleys of Anjou classified as a Natura 2000 zone for the richness of its fauna and flora,
- The Loire, with its natural and architectural treasures, where you can visit numerous castles, discover cellars and enjoy wine tasting.
Nature lovers will be able to discover the various hiking or biking trails or navigate on our rivers by kayak or rental barge.
Many cultural and sportive events are taking place in the region. Your host will be glad to provide you with further information.
19 rue Principale
49460 SOULAIRE ET BOURG
How to get there :
From Angers you have two possibilities: the departmental road to Briollay then follow for Soulaire and Bourg or the departmental road to Cantenay Epinard then follow for Soulaire and Bourg.
You will find us in Soulaire, close to the church.